Friday

DOES MAGNETIC THERAPY REALLY WORK?

A magnetic necklace once saved my sanity!  

Okay, I know that sounds pretty dramatic, but I assure you, it is true.     
Several years ago, I sat down at my computer, and before I could even switch it on, the room began to move around in circles.  Hmm, that didn’t feel so good.  I swallowed hard, blinked my eyes a few times, and reached again for the switch.  The dizziness was worse this time, and visions of a stroke ran through my mind.  I couldn’t imagine anything else that would cause such symptoms.

Well, I sat for a few minutes and finally decided that it must have been my imagination.  Everything seemed to be standing still now so I went ahead with a few computer chores, and then got ready to go to town to meet my husband for lunch, as we had made previous plans to do.  So far, so good.

By the time I had my coat on and was heading down the stairs on my way to the garage, the whirling was back again, and even worse this time.  I couldn’t stay on my feet so I crawled—yes, I mean literally—crawled back up the stairs to the wall phone in the kitchen and called my husband, who, a few minutes later, had me in the car heading for the hospital.

After some poking and prodding between spells of vomiting, the emergency room doctor came to the conclusion that I was suffering from an inner ear infection which was causing a severe case of vertigo.

I won’t go into the details of the following few days, but the gist of it was that I never did completely recover from a bit of the dizziness I experienced that day.  When I walked, I often veered to one side and the florescent lights in a store could bring on a slight case of vertigo.  I joked to my family that they should call me Lurch because of the way I sometimes jerked to one side without warning, but it really wasn’t funny.  What it was, was embarrassing and annoying, AND depressing.

 One particular day, I mentioned my problem to a friend I hadn’t seen for a while, and she said, “Really.  That is almost exactly what was happening to me until I got magnetic therapy.”

“Magnetic therapy?”  I asked.  That was a totally new term to me.  She showed me a necklace she was wearing that was made of tiny diamond shaped magnets, and said she had never had a problem with dizziness since she started wearing it.  She said she didn’t even take it off at night or to take a bath or shower.

I was skeptical, but decided to order one.  Guess what?  It worked.  That’s why I said earlier in this article that a magnetic necklace saved my sanity.  I can truthfully say that there were pre-magnetic necklace days when I felt like giving up. 

Now, I enjoy sharing what happened to me in hopes that someone else out there can benefit from magnetic therapy, too.  Anyone can Google, magnetic therapy, online and come up with hundreds of websites selling magnetic jewelry, and other miscellaneous magnetic items.

The necklace I originally bought on the recommendation of my friend was more expensive than I really wanted to pay, but, as I said, magnetic therapy was new to me, and I was feeling desperate.  Later, I found out that magnetic rings, bracelets, and necklaces purchased for under $15 can work just as well. Many articles of magnetic jewelry are also available in stainless steel which costs more but lasts longer.  I usually recommend trying the less expensive item first, and then moving up to a more expensive item later if magnetic therapy works for you.  (If it doesn’t work, you still have an attractive but inexpensive piece of jewelry to wear.)

If you are being hounded by residual dizziness left over from an ear infection, or some other cause, don’t sit around for years like I did, waiting in vain for it to go away.  Find yourself a reasonably priced source of magnetic jewelry and give it a try.  What do you have to lose?

No comments:

Post a Comment